Sunday, August 19, 2007

Kindergarten

I can't believe my sweet baby boy started all day Kindergarten this week. It seems like just yesterday that I was enjoying 27 hours of labor. :) I actually did pretty well. I figured I was going to be a complete mess. But not wanting to totally freak out the boy, I only teared up a bit. Perhaps it's all the dreading I did this past year. When the day finally came it wasn't so bad. Although it made me long even more for our dear daughter to come home from China. I never thought we would be sending Camden off to Kindergarten before she was home.

Camden on his first day. Isn't he handsome!?!


His teacher, Mrs. McCarty asked if I could help out with lunch this past week. It was great to begin getting to know her, the school and his new classmates. Of course I had to bring the camera along as well. So her's a pic of Camden in the cafeteria with his class.

I picked him up after his first day and asked him how it went. He said, "I didn't really like it because it was too long and all we did was work!" Typical boy response??? Later that day he did admit that he loved going on the playground three times in just one day. Fortunately later in the week things improved and there was some fun to be had. Although while praying at bedtime tonight, he thanked God that he had the day off of school. Hmm...

No comments: