Monday, October 15, 2007

A Total Racket!

One fine afternoon last week Camden & I headed to our friendly neighborhood Build-A-Bear store. Camden had received a gift card for his birthday. So that along with a small gift card from last Christmas we had a total of $35.00 to spend. Having not been there before I assumed that would allow us to get something "descent". Well, lets just say I was VERY VERY WRONG! $35.00 doesn't go very far there. It gets you a bear but that's about it. For some of you that would be plenty but being who I am...when I saw the little Suns outfit, socks, shoes, basketball and sunglasses. Yes - sunglasses! I couldn't resist the boy (He loves basketball). Although all along I could hear the other boy in my life in the back of my mind saying "This is a total racket!" Of course I knew he was right. They get you in the door and then you can't resist all the accessories. But we had so much fun making the bear well actually it was a Cheetah that Camden named Speedy. In my defence, since returning home, Speedy has enjoyed equal billing in Cam's bed along with Teddy, whom he has loved since birth. So I am happy that he hasn't become just one of one of the other three thousand stuffed animals we have and it all cost just a bit more than $35.00. :)

Here's the newest addition to our family:
Camden with his two favorite fellas. You can't tell in the picture but Teddy has a new little t-shirt that says Arizona Wildcats. I bet you can't guess where I got that from. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: