Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

Today was a busy day but a fun one. This afternoon I helped out with the Halloween party in Camden's class. The kids got dressed up in costumes and decorated cookies, made a skeleton finger pen (I think that's what it was?) and had some treats. The kids really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it as well although it made me a little sad that Halloween gets SO much attention and other more worthwhile things like Christmas will end up being a "Holiday" celebration. Ahh...the state of our public schools.

Here's the class in costume. Camden choose to be Batman this year. Thankfully I choose correctly after Halloween last year when I bought the costume for 75% off (yep, scored points with the other half...for once! :) at Target. But one of my favorite costume's that day was Princess Leia. Can you see her in the back right? Love it! I am sure you can't miss the scary "Scream" costume in the middle there. I certainly don't like that. I don't really understand why parents would let their 5 year old wear such a thing. How is that a good thing?

Batman decorating his cookies.

After school, we were Ghosted by a neighborhood friend. Camden was so excited that he wanted to do it as well. Since it was the afternoon of Halloween we were a bit under the gun, so we quickly prepared our Ghosts with candy and choose a few friends in the neighborhood to Ghost. Normally I think you are supposed to do this in the cover of darkness. But it was still great fun leaving it on the doorstop of friends, ringing the doorbell and sprinting to a car with the engine running and the doors open. I was surprised how fun Camden thought it was. He was cackling so hard and he just loved diving into the car. I think will need to make this an annual tradition.

Not long after that, we headed to the Tongs, who are friends in the neighborhood. We celebrated their daughter's first birthday which was a few days ago. They decorated their house so cute and had such fun things for the kids. It was such a treat! We then headed out to trick or treat as a group. Nothing like a big pack of kids trick or treating together. It was great fun! It was also our first time in our neighborhood for Halloween. The last two years we headed to a friends house for dinner and trick or treating in their neighborhood which had always been fun. But it was enjoyable to experience our neighborhood for once. Their weren't a lot of kids but it was still fun.

Scary Batman

Sweet Batman
Posted by Picasa

No comments: