Monday, June 9, 2008

Basketball at the JCC

We just finished our first season of Mighty Mights basketball at our local Jewish Community Center. Camden really enjoyed it and we somewhat enjoyed it as well. Although Doug and I did help out a bit with coaching, I mostly watched from the sidelines and I found it extremely painful. Basketball used to be my sport. I played both in high school and college and to stand by and watch a lack of fundamentals being taught drove me absolutely nuts. So what can you do? Well, for us...COACH! Doug and I signed on to coach Camden's team in the Fall. I am a bit nervous as it has been awhile since I coached. But it is feeling like time! With no little one at home, Doug and I can do it together which I am excited about. As far as Camden, he says he is very excited to have his Mom & Dad coach. But in reality he just loves basketball and is happy to play no matter who is coaching. He will tell anyone who asks that when he is older he is going to play in the NBA. I have a tendency to want to temper his enthusiasm with reality...in other words...with his genes it is seriously unlikely. But at this point I hold back. Who am I to say what God has planned for this special little boy? Maybe he will be the next Steve Nash? Or maybe he will be an engineer just like his Daddy. For the record...that's my guess! Until then we will play basketball to have fun, get a little exercise, hopefully teach him how to be team player and of course learn the fundamentals of basketball! :-)
Here are some pics from our season:


No comments: