Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mud Festival

Camden & I headed to the Mud Festival at a local park this past weekend. We met Camden's buddy, Connor and his Mom, Leigh and sister, Abi. What a strange but fun thing. They had different mud obstacle courses, a pig pen and even mud volleyball. Initially I think the kids were a bit shell shocked by it all. Connor's Mom, Leigh and I kept egging them on to get into it but they kept holding back...as in normally they are not allowed to play in the mud and now you want us to??? They were confused! It was too funny! Finally I decided that I had to take matters into my own hands and get in there with them. So I headed into the pig pen and rolled myself and the kids in it. But unfortunately, I put mud in Abi's hair and that made her cry. I guess that plan backfired! After, we finished playing in the mud, the fire department was there to hose us off. Only in Arizona don't you think...

Here's a look at the fun:

Before:


Midway:

After:



Camden taking a stab at the obstacle course:



No comments: