Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Camping

This weekend we had the opportunity to get out of the heat and head to the mountains to do a little camping with my family. What a treat! When I was a kid Labor Day weekend was our annual camping trip. It often included extended family and was always great fun. Well, we had not camped as a family in many many years not since before Camden was born. And since our times together are few and far between, I was thrilled to get the opportunity to spend some time with my family. Even though it rained a bit a good time was had by all.

Here's some of the family that joined us:

My brother John & wife, Marcia


My fashionable nephew, Chase

Niece, Whitney and hubby, James

My brother, Jeff and his new wife Melissa with great nephew, Benjamin

My brother, Jason and wife, Terry


Nephew, Jeremy and wife, Emily and son, Alex

This camping trip brought us into new territory with Camden. My brother, Jeff has three quad's that he brought along and Camden discovered how much he loved driving a quad around a corner at a high rate of speed. My normally cautious child turned aggressive(so how can we harness that aggressiveness so that it would come out on the basketball court or soccer field???) Let's just say that I wasn't completely at peace about the whole thing especially when he hit a tree (not to worry no one was hurt). It just felt strange to see my baby doing such big boy things. The other first for him this weekend was his first time target shooting. I can't believe my boy shot a gun for the first time. Doug went along with the group and I stayed back at camp so I didn't get to actually witness the event or record it unfortunately. :(

Our boy in action:





Camden after a day of rainy, muddy fun.

Camden, getting ready to shoot.


Here are some of the cousins:

Casey & Camden
Alex

Camden, Malory & Conner
Camden & Conner

My niece, Whitney is a prolific knitter and she made cute beanies for all the kids this weekend.

Malory, Camden, Conner, Lauren & Casey

My great nephew, Benjamin at a mere 6 weeks old. Isn't he cute?



Camden & Conner

Some of the boys playing some games.

Since it rained most of Sunday this is where we spent a good part of our day.

Camden, after it was all said and done....dirty, tired & very happy!

No comments: