Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ely

We spent a long weekend visiting my sister, Stephanie and her husband, Paul in very chilly, Ely, Nevada. It's not always chilly mind you. In fact it wasn't chilly the day before we arrived or the day after we left. But while we were there we had highs in the 20's and 30's and snow. I am not complaining though. It has been way too hot where we come from. The cooler temps were a welcome change. However, Camden complained a bit saying he never wanted to live in Ely because it was way too cold! But we still had great fun hanging out, playing games and eating way too much of my Sis' great cooking. We did manage a little road trip to Leman Caves which is always enjoyable! Here are some photos of our time there:


Yeah...snow!

Fun in the snow.


Stephanie & Paul after some fun in the snow.


Aren't they sweet? Nope! Doug shoved me into a snow bank soon after taking this picture. Okay, it was right after I shoved Camden into one! :)
Before heading to the caves we came across this beautiful sight:


Camden said..."Ah so cute!", "So why do you kill them, Uncle Paul?" Doug and I got quite a chuckle out of that!

The caves:





My Sis and one of her babies:


At the top of the hill behind their house:
My Sister and I.


We had a great time Paul & Stephanie. Although, Camden was a bit traumatized by all the animal heads in the room he slept in. :) Once Doug had them make jokes and play games, Camden thought it was pretty cool! Thanks so much for hosting us!

No comments: