Saturday, November 1, 2008

Arrrr!

Camden decided he wanted to be a pirate for Halloween this year. I was thrilled when he chose something we already had in our dress up bin (last year's after Halloween sale thank you very much). Although he was a bit sad when he saw another little boy dressed up as something from the Clone Wars. Don't ask me what...I couldn't tell you! Next year I don't think I am going to get off so easily.
Camden did have fun wearing his costume just about all day. They were able to wear them part of the day at school for their party and then we headed to a friends party and trick or treating that evening. Overall it was a nice day. But I do have to say that it all still makes me a little sad. Halloween is such a big deal at school. But we can't even call the party at Christmas a Christmas party. They can sing Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and songs about Santa Claus. But nothing resembling Away in the Manger. Our school is one of the best ones around and I don't think we could ask for a better first grade teacher for Camden. But it still saddens to see the state of our public school in many different respects.

Our Pirate

Mrs. Wolf and Ms. Perea having some Halloween fun.

Camden and his pumpkin face after playing "Pin the Face on the Pumpkin"

Camden's class.

No comments: