Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Big 40!

Doug turned the big 4-0 today! Much to his chagrin we celebrated by having a surprise party for him on Friday night. 50 friends and family joined us in surprising him and boy was it a surprise! In fact I think he was almost mad that he had no idea about the party. We had proof to that fact as he was 25 minutes late (even though I told me we had friends coming over for dinner at a particular time) and hadn't shaved. Too funny! Well, I think everyone had a good time and I think Doug felt loved which was certainly my goal. We sure appreciated every one's effort to make it to the party, especially those who came from Phoenix just for the evening.


The birthday boy!

Some of the friends & family that joined us:










We had a Mexican buffet along with a pinata which Doug was really excited about. Not! The kids enjoyed it though!


Us



My brother, Jeff & family stayed over that night and we spent the next day at the Desert Museum. We had a great time!

The kids the day after.


Niece, Melanie & Camden on a dig.

Sister-In-Law, Melissa having fun with a grasshopper.

Brother, Jeff & son, Conner

No comments: