Monday, May 11, 2009

100 Wishes Quilt

Our 100 Wishes Quilt is finally becoming a reality. After starting to collect quilt squares back in Spring 2007, I am excited that I finally brought all our fabric squares to Betty, a sweet little old lady who is going to put it together for us. My friend, Jen had her do her quilt as well and she did a wonderful job. I can't wait to see the final product. It will actually be a pretty big quilt as we ended up having 120 fabric squares and wishes. Thank you so much everyone!

A few days before I brought everything over to Betty, Doug, Camden & I spent an evening at a fabric store picking out our own squares to contribute to the quilt. It really was a lot of fun. It was especially neat to see Camden get a little excited about the process and want to choose more than just one fabric square. Sadly, Camden has grown a little negative about the adoption over this last year. Needless to say this has been very concerning to Doug and I and we have been praying a lot about it. Fortunately, we have had some good conversations and Camden has been very open and honest about his feeling. I so appreciate that about him...what you see (and hear) is what you get so to speak! Part of me can't blame him for how he feels. He's been the center of it all for 7 1/2 years. That's all he knows. Who wouldn't be nervous about how it will change EVERYTHING! Well, I am happy to say there is a glimmer of hope as his attitude has improved these last couple of weeks and he even said that he was a little excited about going to China and having a little sister.
Here's Dad with his fabric square. I love that he choose the fabric with owls. We both love owls and I know Doug will impart much wisdom to our daughter.

Here I am with my selection. What else could it be but hearts??? I have loved and longed for this sweet child for many, many years.

Here's Camden with his three selections...fire, Sandy (from SpongeBob) and cats. Camden loves anything with fire on it and cats have long been his favorite animals. Just lately he said we should adopt all the kitties in the world that need a home. Too funny! I would be okay with that but for some reason I think Doug would object!

Anyone who knows us knows we had to include these fabrics as well to represent our family. I know...a little silly! But we don't care! :)

No comments: