Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Wonderful Reminder

Our friends, The Rodens have been going through very difficult health issues with their sweet boy, Timmy for the last several years. My heart just aches for them as they have been through so much. But I have also been in awe seeing what God has been doing through them. God has been glorified through it all. They are currently at the Cleveland Clinic working with the doctors there. This morning she shared today's devotional from a book a friend had given her called Jesus Calling written by Sarah Young. This is what it says...

"Welcome Challenging Times as opportunities to trust me. You have me beside you and My spirit within you, so no set of circumstances is too much for you to handle. When the path before you is dotted with difficulties, beware of measuring your strength against the challenges. That calculation is certain to riddle you with anxiety. Without Me you wouldn't make it through the first hurdle!The way to walk through demanding days is to grip my hand tightly and stay in close communication with Me. Let your thoughts and spoken words be richly flavored with trust and thankfulness. Regardless of the day's problems, I can keep you in perfect Peace if you stay close to me."

Wow - God is so good! This was a great reminder for our friends and it was certainly a great reminder for me today! Even though these last two weeks have been wonderful for us. How can it not be as after all these years we finally have a daughter. But it's also left me very emotional and at times filled with anxiety. We have had many decisions to make, wonderful decisions but not easy ones. We have also received additional information about the early days of daughter's life...things that are difficult to hear. So I think that's why this hit home for me this morning...don't measure your own strength against challenging times. If you do you will be filled with anxiety. (Yep - I have totally been doing that!) . Instead welcome them as an opportunity to trust and draw close to God. What a blessing! Thank you Stacy for sharing this!

No comments: