Friday, May 8, 2009

CARE Womens Bible Study

This week has brought to a close something that had been a huge blessing in my life for the last seven years. Just before Camden turned one back in 2002, I started to attend the Mom's Class which is a part of C.A.R.E. Women's Bible Study at First Evangelical Free Church. It is a Bible based parenting class that has been taught by Barb Tompkins for 28 years. The class was such a huge blessing as it helped me a better Mother and Wife. I went on to take it two more years before taking a break in the Fall of 2005. I returned to C.A.R.E in the Spring of 2006 as Treasurer and attended a class on Prayer. I returned to the Mom's Class in Fall of 2006 for the fourth time. Following that year, Barb asked me to come on as one of the six Titus' in the Mom's class. Basically it means you facilitate/support a small group while being mentored by Barb. The term Titus comes from a passage in Titus II that talks about the older women teaching the younger women. I was hesitant initially as I doubted that I had what it took to be a good Titus. But I am thrilled that God has continually drawn me to himself and compelled me to accept Barb's offer. It is hard to put it into words but these last two years have been life changing for me in just about every way. The relationships that are formed through this Titus tutelage are unique and until you have been apart of something like this do you realize how very special it is. I have continued to grow as a Mother, wife, small group leader and friend. But most importantly I have continued to grow in my relationship with Christ and have been overwhelming blessed with spiritual joy and truth. In God's grace He has shown this to be one huge blessing of our very long wait to adopt from China. I would not have been able to be a Titus had the adoption taken place as we expected 2 years ago. For this I am truly thankful!

Here is Barb & I at our last Titus Meeting:


Here are a few pictures of our Titus group over the last 2 years:

No comments: