Sunday, July 12, 2009

Last Day in Beijing & Just One More Sleep until....

AVERY!!! I can't believe it...we had our last day in Beijing today. We have had five full days here. We have had a wonderful time and it's all flown by in a flash. We started the day at an International church service. In order to enter the church service you had to show your passport. Our guide told us it was because the government didn't want locals bothering us and taking pictures of us. After being in China several days I can see what she means as Camden and I have been asked many times for our photo. But from what I have read and been told about the Christian church in China, I know this is only part of the story. The service was nice. The worship time was enjoyable and the sermon was Biblically based and a good one. But for some reason I had a mix of thoughts and emotions about it all.

After the church service, much to Doug's dismay (although Shannon was happy) we went to a Jade factory and then to a wonderful Chinese lunch. After lunch we headed to The Great Wall of China. Sadly visibility was extremely poor but it was still a sight to behold. Camden and I hiked to the second guard tower while Doug went somewhere between the fourth and fifth guard tower. Unfortunately, we only had about an hour and and a half to explore. If we would have had more time, I am sure Doug would have gone much further than that.
We are now getting ready for our next leg... Chongqing. This is where Avery is from and where we will receive her. We are getting picked up at our hotel at 5:15 am as we have a very early flight. It will take us about two hours to get there. We are told that we will check into our hotel and then head to the Civil Affairs Office tomorrow afternoon where a long awaited dream will come true...we will receive our daughter. I am not sure what time that will take place. The orphanage is around a 7 hour drive from there so it just depends on when the children arrive. It is still unbelievable to me that we are here and that this is actually happening. It makes me cry just even typing this. Tomorrow will be a mountain of tears for me (and for Avery) I am sure. Hopefully I won't scare her too much with my crying. :)
Following are a few photos from our day:
Here is Cam at the Jade factory. You could take this little gem home for around 125K!

The Great Wall of China:


One guard shack down. Too many to go!



Going down...

Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement and prayers getting us to this point! You all are an overwhelming blessing!

We will post again when we are a family of four!!!!

Love to all!

P.S. Can't seem to get on Facebook to post...sorry! :(

3 comments:

Jenn said...

So fun to read your posts. To see the pics of you guys on the Great Wall is pretty surreal. Can't believe that after all these years you will hold your daughter in less than a day! Praying for a smooth transition for all of you. Can't wait for the next post!

Unknown said...

When I was reading the line in your post "...we will receive our daughter", I heard words of a song on your blog saying something like "...when hope is gone...when you're wounded in the storm...He will carry you". I praise Him for restoring your hope and CARRYING YOU TO CHINA!!! Wow...that was just a tears and goosebumps moment!! I just love to see how God is putting together this chapter of your story!

Jenn said...

Hope all is well.... The suspense is killing us!