Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Last Day of First Grade

Today was Camden's very last day of First Grade. This year flew by in a flash and I can't believe that we now have a second grader. Crazy!
I picked up Camden a little early from his last day so that Doug and him could catch a flight to San Diego as Doug found a car there he wanted us to buy. The timing wasn't great but we thought that Camden would enjoy going with to pick up the car and then spending a day at Legoland (we still had time left in our 3 month passes) with Dad before heading back home. I was caught by surprise at Camden's response. He was SO sad and started to cry in the car on the way to the airport. He said he didn't want to leave school and that he was so sad that Mrs. Wolf would no longer be his teacher. It was really so sweet. It truly has been a great year and I too am sad that Mrs. Wolf will no longer be his teacher. She is a passionate, creative and loving teacher. You could tell that she not only cared about the academics but truly cared about the kids as individuals. What a blessing she is!
Camden and in his words...the very best teacher I have ever had. :)

I spoke with Doug later in the evening and he told me that when Camden and him were having dinner, Doug said...I miss Momma to which Camden replied...I miss Mrs. Wolf. Too funny! Don't worry...I don't take it personally. I am so thankful for the wonderful year he has had and I will miss her as well!

No comments: